Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. _
PostSubject: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 9:53 am

On our road trip with Dad's, we ended up visiting PdP & walking in to Arenal, which TBH merge into one. Dad's parked the car up & we walked along the promenade, one of the first things we saw, were sand sculptures, very impressive.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 02711

The 2 resorts, mainly cater for German & Dutch people judging from the Bars we saw. Also The Oktoberfest was on from the 18th of September until the 25th of October.  drunk
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03511
A couple of photo's inside the Megapark, it was about 5pm so not in full swing yet.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 02811
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03011
One of the acts that were on.  scratch
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 02911

Walking along the promenade, I believe that Dad's was muscling in on my bird,  nono with a view towards Arenal in the background.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03110
And the other way towards Playa de Palma.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03210
The beach was very very long but not that wide, & the promenade was very flat, so ideal for strolling along day or night. Only shame it was a dull day though.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03310
The Arenal marina, mainly with German flags on the boats.
Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. 03410
We did notice that there was not too much high rise buildings in either resort, & there was some building work going on, ie building a new hotel. That can be seen in the photo of the Megapark to the right hand side. I suppose that PdP & Arenal are the German equivalent of Magaluf & Palma Nova. Well worth a stop over, on the way back to Palma Nova.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 9:59 am

rep from me Mick, not seen it before
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 10:02 am

delboy wrote:
rep from me Mick, not seen it before

TBH Del, it is well worth a visit, I was pleasantly surprised. cheers

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 11:32 am

Rep from me as well mate. Thumsup Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 12:09 pm

delboy wrote:
rep from me Mick,

Not seen it yet Del. scratch

lol! lol! lol! lol!

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 12:10 pm

4thforum wrote:
Rep from me as well mate. Thumsup Thumsup

Not seen it yet Dermo. scratch

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 1:34 pm

I would like to have a look around that resort one year, how long did it take to get there, might be worth a night out

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Daryn wrote:
I would like to have a look around that resort one year, how long did it take to get there, might be worth a night out

I would say about an hour Daryn, not too bad mate all dual carriageway at least. Thumsup

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Thumsup Thumsup

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:35 pm

All 3 of us were plane spotting, as we saw them circling round, then flying into the Airport.

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:54 pm

And wasn't someone trying to spot the ski lift in the hills behind Palma Nova
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 pm

DadsBarmy wrote:
And wasn't someone trying to spot the ski lift in the hills behind Palma Nova

Becky certainly fell for that one Dad's. roll eyes Repped. Thumsup

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:44 pm

We had a one night stay there one year in January and we enjoyed walking along that prom. As you say, geared up towards the Germans but no probs really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.   Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playa de Palma, with a bit of Arenal.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PLAYA DE PALMA :: PLAYA DE PALMA RESORT-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com