Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 am

I know most of you wont have heard of her, she was a BBC journalist who covered the conflicts in North Africa and Sub Saharan country's.
I spoke with her several times about my contacts and experiences in Libya, Egypt and Syria.
the following is a quote attributed to her.

Fear cripples so many of us - fear of failure, fear of success, fear of loneliness, fear of illness, fear of death. The many fears of life are what holds so many back from living life to the full.

So in honour of her I will carry on living my life without fear, (I think I it was Mick I spoke to over the "Meet weekend" about the same topic)
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34522789
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:51 am

I had never heard of her before but such a shame. That bloody disease you would have thought a cure would be on the cards by now.

RIP

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:13 pm

I had heard of her before & remembering her on the news. The ITN announcer, Tom Bradbury, said a moving tribute to her on News at Ten last night, with reference to her mentoring him when he started out. RIP Sue.

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:22 am

Top journo. RIP

and what absolute great words
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts _
PostSubject: Re: RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts   RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Sue Lloyd-Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP PHOTOS-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com