Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed _
PostSubject: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:07 pm

You can keep these Muslim countries for me I just wouldnt go to any of them now for a holiday.

I believe Turkey will be a target at some point in time as well, its just not worth taking the chance the security is not good enough.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/british-and-irish-tourists-die-in-hotel-terror/ar-AAc9A7i?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

A guy at work, his mate is at the Hotel that got attacked, & he had to lock himself in his room with his girlfriend. Mainly British & Irish tourists that died apparently, just enjoying themselves on holiday. My thoughts are with the family & friends of the deceased, RIP.

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 pm

My mate along the street & his family due to fly out on Sunday to a couple of miles along the coast from today's atrocity. Foreign Office travel advice right now is NOT advising against going but stay in your room if already there. How on earth are they NOT telling British folk to travel there, Unbelievable.
HH.
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Tunisia was the shining light of the Arab Spring, the only country that transferred to democracy with any success. Apparently, the border with Libya is no mans land and the IS/Al Quada groups can easily smuggle in arms/explosives across the border. I think a UN force should be put in there to protect the only Arab democracy. It also has a secular government. Prime target ( and an easy one it would seem) for the loonies.

Bad news in France as well and in Syria near the Turkish border ( 100's of civilians killed). I wonder if all these attacks were coordinated??
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Jeez, to think that Sousse was one of the places I was asking questions about earlier in the year for a winter break.

That's the death knoll on Arabic holiday destinations now. I think even Dubai will be affected.

I count myself fortunate to have done Egypt and the pyramids before all this arab spring stuff kicked off.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Even Kuwait had a suicide bomber kill 25 people in a mosque. It was their first terrorist problem apparently. So like you say Mark even Dubai could be a no no.

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 pm

It just makes my blood run cold - the thought of just lying on a beach oblivious and enjoying hols .....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed   Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tunisia / terrorist attacks 28 people killed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: LATEST TRAVEL NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD :: ENTER HERE-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com