Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Caught up with this now Yozef.

What do you know of Laganas?
Hotel Louis Zante Beach?

Been doing more research of Kefalonia and Skala looks up my street?
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 pm

well to be honest wirral i don't think it would be your cup of tea at all,though we have never stayed at the hotel we have stayed in lagana(out of season) and it's not a very pretty place,very popular with drunken teens who leave the streets full of vomit and debris,sorry if that sounds harsh but imo it's a bit messy/noisey.

we have walked past the hotel(it's right on the beach) many,many times and it looks fine,but i don't think you would be happy with the location,at the start of lagana.you are nearby to a small river/stream and this area of the beach can be a bit dirty.

you would have a 10 minute walk into lagana for a night out or a 20 minute walk to kalamaki,this by a busy main road as certain times of the year the beach is closed at 7pm-ish due to the loggerhead turtles nesting there.

we have never stayed a/i in greece so can't comment on it,we go b&B OR s/c as we adore greek food,we did stay h/b once and it was superb but they have now gone a/i so that may have gone downhill.

sorry if i've not been much help here but i honestly think you would be better off else where.

if you ever fancy kalamaki 2 of the top rated hotels are the roseland,and i think even more highly rated is the venus,we prefer the quiter location of the rosland.

if can help more feel free to ask ok ws
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:55 pm

On the contrary Y you told me what I wanted to hear-the truth.As you know I don't get involved with bullsh*t.And I was already beginning to think Laganas wasn't for us.Thanks for being outspoken.I have made a decision and have now booked for Skala in Kefalonia in May 2012.TA reviews of the hotel have been tops and I have booked a Thomson package.This is indeed a momentous day for Greece.The much-travelled WirralScouse has booked and paid deposit for his first holiday there at the age of 67!

I haven't told Er Indoors yet! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Well done WS...

You big brave soldier....... Very Happy

Good luck with Mrs WS !

Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:06 pm

well done wirral,i hope you love greece as much as we do.

kefalonia is a place we have always wanted to try so will look forward to your reviews.

i believe they filmed "captain correlli's mandolin) with nicholas cage here,the scenery looks stunning,ideal for hikers.

btw johanna lumney's tv prog (on now) features corfu tonight.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I won't be so brave with that beeech.However I have many months during which to choose my moment! But she has been to Kefalonia before in a former life and I haven't.But so far only £350 deposit paid is at risk.The online Thomson discount covered the extra cost of flight legroom seats and upgraded SV room.I am confident with my choice of H Tesoro Blu in Skala.I didn't have the bo##ocks to book 2 weeks which is what I would like as I know MrsWS wouldn't want to be away for longer than a week.I am learning.It takes a lot of readjustment after living solo for so many years when I could do exactly as I please. violin
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Good for you though mate, I think Mrs. WS will be fine. :-bd:

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki    Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greece, Island of Zante, Kalamaki

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: GREECE includes Greek Islands :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com