Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mallorca Rocks closing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelsearo

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:09 pm

I heard today that Mallorca Rocks is closing after five years.

I wonder why, they always had sell outs and I understand it was always well run.

I think its a shame as a brought another angle on the resort and a positive on at that!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Its because its only lively a couple of weeks out of the year, the company is too big for that.

These companies are doing exactly the same as the bar owners in my home town, they are catering for the wrong people, it should be the older crowd they try for.

Imagine that whole complex dedicated to 70's/80's music, people would flock there all year round, retired people that have no work comitments etc, that massive stage they have could be used for classic rock bands tribute singers etc. Sitting around the pool listening to proper tunes now thats what Im talking about lol.

Look at the bars, Ive watched them for years in my job, bars for the younger crowd, the kids go in have a drink and move on, bars like the piano bar, the older crowd go in, enjoy the tunes and drink all night, bars in my town, their is a curcuit that the kids have, they have 1 drink then move on to the next, infact most of the kids these days drink in the house then hit the nightclubs but a bar called the Mechanics in our market area is old and just like the piano bar, always full, old music and karaoke all night, people stay all night.

chelsearo

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:28 pm

I see, I got the impression it was a sell out all season.

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Majorca doesn't rock lol
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm hearing that the closures run deeper.

The big one is BCM Square is to close!

I don't have anything further to give to confirm how true it is. But it appears that the broom that is Nuevo Calvia is starting to sweep clean...
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:12 am

Mark, Wow, BCM to close???!!!!

OK, I dont get this, you can have a night club and run it properly. I understand it is owned by a Mallorcan guy who built it back in the late 80s (87 I beleive) who is quite influential on the Island.

A resort can be clean, tidy, civilised and still have the clubs/bars/burger joints/english restos etc, some people save up all year to have a holiday of their choice, although not my cup of tea, not gonna judge people who do.

although I am not fussed about going to clubs (TBH Ive only been in BCM about 4 times), they provide what a lot of people want.

They might as well close magaluf down then.

you can bet your bottom dollar another resort on the Island will cater for this.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Think you got that wrong matey Mark was referring to BCM Square not BCM nightclub lol.

Ive not been in touch with anyone on the Island the last few days, Ill give them a pm and see whats going on.

chelsearo

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Oh I see and have just read the text, what a wally!!

I have since read that the BCM company are looking to take over MAllorca Rocks and develop it.

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm

I was under the impression that the owners of BCM owned MRocks but not 100% on that

chelsearo

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm

it was today that i read the the Mallorca Rocks hotel only had a 5 year lease, so Daryn you and I may both be right if BCM own it already and were leasing it to them.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 pm

What's happened is that the bars in BCM square have been ordered to take down their external sound systems, and all external staging, - so it looks like it's being closed down.
The bars are still open, just no music lol!

Gotta laugh at Calvia Council, noise has hardly been at the top of the complaints list in recent years, has it? roll eyes

I also hear that The Plaza has had to close following an inspection as well. No more news than that.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:43 pm

I still say the council are dragging the place down on purpose so the big boys can buy them out cheap in readiness for this major revamp, many locals and even some from the townhall (ex eployees) have already confirmed this too.

Its total corruption on that Island

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:22 pm

I agree Daryn. They could sort it if they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mallorca Rocks closing _
PostSubject: Re: Mallorca Rocks closing   Mallorca Rocks closing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mallorca Rocks closing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com