Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies _
PostSubject: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:11 pm

My old Da was 78 on Thursday so took him & my mum for a wee day out to the Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies. The Falkirk Wheel is a engineering marvel & well worth a visit if you appreciate stuff like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel

Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies IMG_0353_zpsb1027cbe
Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies IMG_0369_zps2e75b36a

£9 for adults, £8 Concessions & £5 for kids for a 45min tour on a boat. Not too bad for a Scottish Tourist attraction.

Since we were through in Falkirk we thought we'd go see the 'Kelpies' too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kelpies

Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies IMG_0423_zps63f9cc38

The Kelpies are absolutely magnificent, photos don't do them justice, much more majestic 'in the flesh' & really worth a look. Can do a wee guided tour inside of them for a fiver but we all agreed it would probably take away from their mystique (nowt to do with the fact I was paying  Very Happy  )

Unusually for Scotland the weather was fantastic, obviously added to the day.

HH.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks for the review HH, I saw the wheel thing on the TV very recently, rep from me
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am

me too  Thumsup 
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Repped great photos thanks for sharing  clap 

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Top stuff HH! cheers
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Cheers folks, I appreciate it  clap  Wasn't sure if it should go in the photo or review section as it was a mini-review with photos.
HH.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:47 pm

should be under Scotland, but dont worry I'll move it after most have seen it HH  cheers 
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:18 pm

rep here as well. We were on the wheel in April. Some feat of engineering. It uses a 9 kw motor to turn. Thats the same as my shower!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:02 am

moved it here HH until you are not UK, then Daryn will have to create a new section for Scotland lol
(he will hope you will stay with us to stop him having to do more work lol)
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 am

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies   Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falkirk Wheel & Falkirk Kelpies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com