Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn _
PostSubject: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Well mrs moocher had a rare weekend off and today daughter went to alton towers so me and mrs decided to have a ride out.We ended up near to the turnpike inn on rishworth moor venue of the famouse TA 1ST UK MEET .We called in without reservation and found it very busy so busy that they have carved out a xtra car park in in the hill behind the original car park.We parked on it and a word of warning its very very steep so steep the bottom of some cars were catching on the floor so be warned also to get to the inn off the new car park are some man made steps be careful they are very slippy and have lots of loose stones .We entered and told them we had no reservation but was told no problem if we wanted a table straight away we could sit in the bar or wait aprox 30 mins for a table in the restaurant .We chose the bar and was seated near to the bar very near [more of that later ].We ordered 1 pint of coke and a glass of orange cordial for my adventurous wife lol this arrived swiftly and of the 3 different menus we was given we chose the sunday carvery @ £9 pp we was told some 1 would come and take us to the carvery when they wanted us .The wait was around 3 mins and a very well mannered young man asked us if we would follow him along to the carvery which is 3 rooms away in the restaurant we got there and was told by the young man the meats today was roast leg of pork ,roast rib of beef,roast turkey crown ,and honey glazed roast gammon .we was told we can have any or all of the meats .Wewas then handed over to the chef carving the meats mrs chose roast gammon and roast turkey she was promptly carved 2 full slices of each meat and also a decent thickness i chose roast pork and turkey and was given 2 slices of each the plate was covered in meat and i must say they were not them tiny plates you get in some carveries.
We then went along helping ourselfs to fluffy yorks puddings,roast pots ,baby skin on new pots ,steamed veg inc baby carrots ,mange touts ,then roast parsnips,cauli cheese ,and mashed squash .then it was over to gravy table and condiments which had ,apple ,mint,horseraddish,sauce and mustard .the gravy was not a thick bisto type gravy but a very thin meat juice gravy .Now here is the difficult bit remember we had then to carry a plateful of dinner with very runny gravy thru restaurant,reception area,and into 1st bar area some had to even go thru into other bar .My mrs did both mine and hers she is a professional being in the food industry i admit i would have spilt my gravy has did some ppl i watched.
Now the food was 1st class i mean we could find no fault at all meat very tasty and tender ,veg was really tasty even the meat juice was tasty [but not has good has a thick bisto gravy] right back to our table very near the bar our table edge was level with the little space the customers going into the large bar room also he ppl who was queuing for drinks and also waitresess who were going by so during our meal i had ppls bum in my ear and 1 guy even rested his bum on the edge of our table while we was eating till mrs moocher jabbed him with her knife .We then ordered a sweet me sticky toffee pud with clotted cream and mrs syrup sponge and creme angliase it came and did not disappoint my pud was a very generous portion aith a quinell of clotted cream and was almost demolished in record time but once again it defeated me .we was then asked would we like coffee yes was the reply but only if we could go to the comfy chairs has i had ,had enough of bums in my face for the moment,the waitress went off but returned to say she could not get us a comfy seat due to ppl using them waiting for tables in the restaurant .We said never mind we would have our bill which promptly arrived a staggering £49 when we checked we had been charged for numerous drinks we had not had we pointed this out and it was proptly dealt with and a apology issued the bill came to very reasonable £31 .Now on our way out the front of house guy who i remember being there when we had the the TA meet asked if all was good i replied yes food excellent but the table was in a very poor position he then said well you should have said i replied oh its not a big deal he then said whats wrong with it so i told him its too near the bar he then asked why so i told him its not nice having bums in your face or on your table while eating his answer was you should have told them to move now i may be a bit grumpy here but i dont go to restaurants and expect to have to tell ppl to move fro the bar so they have not got their bums in my face while eating
i would go again without doubt but would not sit at that table again

points are out of 10

food 9
value 9
service was a 10 but i knocked 4 off 2 for the position of the table and 2 for the front of house guys attitude

moocher

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 pm

moocher wrote:
1 guy even rested his bum on the edge of our table while we was eating till mrs moocher jabbed him with her knife .

Go Mrs M....... !! smile
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Carveries are definitely the way to go for a sunday lunch.
I'd say the bloke who had the bum in the way was the more ignorant, the restaurant are just looking to squeeze as many tables in as poss. Clearly a popular place though Mooch Laughing

Last edited by Mark on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 pm

It was probably Daryn mate, when the Waiter said "Do you want Vine Tomatoes with your Steak Sir." he collapsed onto your table in shock. wink

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm

lol !.....the curse of the V.T's..........! smile
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Funny that mick they took a steak with vine toms on thru into other room and i laughed debs asked what was funny she just didnt understand when i told her about daryn and his steak with the toms .

moocher

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I know how some people get rid of others that get too close...

England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Donks10
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 am

ohhhhhhhhhhh I bet the memories came back mate lol. That was a cracking night when we all met up, none of us could drink because we were all driving but it didnt matter as the conversation was fantastic. Ill always remember that night with fond memories. It was mad as we had all talked on line for best part of the year and then met up at a place where none of us had been before, Ive spoke about this many times to my friends and alot of them dont understand why people do this sort of thing as its computer chat and not reality in a way, but it did prove one thing and that was that although computers get bad press about people chatting on social network sites this one and the ones in Magalluf have proved that people can become very good friends via computer. Ill have to go back to the Turnpike Inn one day as I always love going to places where Ive had a good time in the past.

Here it is for those thats interested in seeing the place. http://www.turnpikeinn.com/home.htm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn   England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

England, Rishworth, Turnpike Inn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com