Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cost of Accommadation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
4thforum

4thforum

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 pm

I've been looking on various letting websites for accommodation anywhere in Majorca, though not Magaluf or Santa Ponza. As many of you know, we got a fully air con 3 bed apt in Tenerife in July/August this year for £750 for the 2 weeks. I'm struggling to get that per WEEK in Majorca. I was giving some thought to going there next year but certainly not at those prices. Would anyone know of places, either private or tourist, where some sanity still reigns??
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 am

Honestly Ive spoken about this on facebook, Ive spoken to companies that deal in this sort of thing and offered them free adverts on our main site, Ive even offered to open a special section on the forum just for these companies if they would give a little discount and I cannot get the prices down its crazy, Tenerife is so much cheaper although the flight prices are high. Mallorca could turn everything around this year as the cost of hotels is silly, dropping private accom prices would get them fully booked and revive the towns nightlife but no one wants to listen from the tourist point of view.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 am

a years time they will all be moaning that tourism is down in majorca
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Ive got friends who advertise on Ownersdirect in Mallorca. Peak season likely to be £500 per week upwards, maybe slightly less for a 2 bed.

Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

that rules Majorca out. Portugal is as bad.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:08 pm

I think the appeal is the short flight time, they had it good for many years but it will come to a head before long.

4thforum

4thforum

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 pm

I was thinking the same thing myself Daryn
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:46 am

There's no contest, Canaries is miles cheaper. Where we just stayed for the weekend, the Vistasol, had an advert for long term winter rents, it was €30 a day.... well I can get a one bed apt in Correlejo for €350 a month! FFS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cost of Accommadation _
PostSubject: Re: Cost of Accommadation   Cost of Accommadation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cost of Accommadation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com