Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island _
PostSubject: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Been reading various posts on facebook and the replies from the locals.

They are talking about outlawing prostitution, fines for wearing bikinis/swimming trunks away from the beach and in the main streets, drinking in the main streets will give you a big fine.

Local residents, especially ex pats have heard it all before and have no faith that this will happen, they are even saying the police are corrupt. One local ex pat got a parking ticket outside her front door but none of the others did, when she asked her neiobours why this happened they said its because your not mallorcan, if thats true then its all wrong.

Another person said they cant see this being implemented either, they cant even give a ticket to dog owners letting their dogs make a mess on the pavement.

So what do you think, do you think these laws will be put in place or do you agree with the local ex pat community saying it wont happen.

I believe alot of tourists are sick of it all now, its all words and words we have heard before.

Last edited by Daryn on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Daryn,

I saw this, it is of course a good idea but as many of the commenters have said they have heard it all before.

One of the comments was suggeting that laws that are put through in Winter tend to be forgotten come the summer.

we shall wait and see but not holding breath.

i also saw that Melia are doing up another one of their hotels in Maga and branding it 'ME' apparently there is one in London that got some award.

Going back to the point, these girls have been there for years now, what is stopping getting rid of them? When corruption was mentioned, just makes you think it could the case.

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Thats right thats what I read also about the winter time and forgot about in the summer.

Corruption is something I read alot about over there.

Got to admit we looked at the beach house and that was fantastic, if they made them all like that it might just help change the image although I think they would have to put the price way up to change the clientel.

chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:27 pm

I think Melia are serious about it. Im not too sure which hotel it is though.

Im sure someone one year will be seriously injured by the muggers or the muggers themsleves if they pick on the wrong person.

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Majorca to introduce tough new Laws?

Erm.... Yawn, is the category to file that under lol!

Yes, cops are corrupt. There's links to in house CCTV vids on youtube where cops are seen coming into a british owned bar and making it close because of noise and other made up stuff. None of the other bars had a visit.

I think the Majorcans are becoming insular. Perhaps a few years without tourists might remind them where the money for roads and the infrastructure as a whole has come from. (Britain and Germany as the main, obviously other european countries as well).

And yes, a prossie/mugger death is on the cards as soon as the russians hit town. They won't pi ss about.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 pm

All sounds like the usual hot air. nono  Is there an election coming up I wonder? roll eyes 

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 am

Mick and Mark, its a shame that we all take this news with pinch of salt, did I say a pinch, I meant a skip load!

also, regarding the police coming in and closing the brit bars for some made up reason, surely if the old bill are taking a back hander, do they care if the cash is from a brit or a local?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:51 pm

chelsearo wrote:
Mick and Mark, its a shame that we all take this news with pinch of salt, did I say a pinch, I meant a skip load!

also, regarding the police coming in and closing the brit bars for some made up reason, surely if the old bill are taking a back hander, do they care if the cash is from a brit or a local?    
You are spot on Ro, money is money to them.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Well just to follow up on the corruption chat read this.............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25193877

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Well, Spain might be 6 points lower....

But Man Utd are 12 points lower rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Mark wrote:
Well, Spain might be 6 points lower....

But Man Utd are 12 points lower rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing 
Coffee over PC moment there Mark, repped. cheers 

lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island   Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading topics about the new laws coming into power on the Island

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com