Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Recommend a Hotel/Resort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happyholiday

Recommend a Hotel/Resort _
PostSubject: Recommend a Hotel/Resort   Recommend a Hotel/Resort Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:11 pm

For the past 2 years we have visited Majorca for our family holiday.  We go All Inclusive and our family party consists of 8 of us ranging from 4yrs to 70yrs.  We have been with First Choice and Thompsons, both TUI organisation.
What I would dearly love to find is an All Inclusive 4* that has some decent entertainment in the evenings, with an adult, + kids disco, not just the usual children's disco followed by local acts and entertainment team.  So if anyone knows of such a place in Majorca.....please let me know!  We all love our children and their enjoyment is top of the list, but mum and dad like to boogie and let their hair down, not just having to sit all evening and then toddle off to bed at 11/12. About time these holiday companies realise that adults like to enjoy themselves also, and in fact lots of them spend a lot of the year sitting down being entertained by their tv.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Hotel/Resort   Recommend a Hotel/Resort Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:37 pm

For me it would be Mirlos Todos, the entertainment was great when we were there, good drinks as well. http://www.melia.com/hotels/spain/majorca/sol-mirlos-tordos-all-inclusive/rooms.html?gclid=CMPtrJTZ6bkCFZShtAodHXwAiw

Hotel Hawaii is good for kids and adults, its been a few years since we have been but we know a couple that go every year, down side to the Hawaii is the size of the pool, its tiny, they do have a very small childrens pool as well which is great for a 4 year old. The position is fantastic for views at night, my Child now a teenager loved it, great kids entertainment on day and night, bingo, kids disco, acts and a dance at the end of the night, at peak times you would have to stand in line and wait to get in the dining area, that used to pee me off.
Its been recently upgraded to 4 star and someone told me they had extended the dining area but I cant verify that although when we are over there next week I will take a look http://www.intertur.co.uk/hotel-intertur-hawai-majorca.htm?gclid=CMzvrKPa6bkCFRPItAod3VMAEQ

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Hotel/Resort   Recommend a Hotel/Resort Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm

I agree with you HappyHoliday, for me it's a major bugbear on holiday, there should be a time of night where they say, ok kids, you've had your fun, now it's the adults turn, all kids off the dance floor.
I haven't found a hotel, like you describe, yet.
I also recommend the Mirlos Tordos, as above.
I've also stayed at the Hawaii, but don't remember an adults dancing time, it went from kids disco to entertainment/singer/band straight after.
Normally, you have to go out to a bar to find adults dancing. Or an adult only hotel like Son Matias.

However, there is a quirk. I've stayed there in March and April, like in the Tobago opposite the Hawaii, (have also done Palmanova Palace in December, same thing) and at that time of year, 80% of the hotel guests are Spanish OAP's from the mainland. Now, *then*, in the evenings, it's all adult dancing, nothing for kids at all.
In July & August the Tobago reverts to a typical British 18 - 30 overrun with youngsters place and it's world's apart from early season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Hotel/Resort   Recommend a Hotel/Resort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend a Hotel/Resort

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com