Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped _
PostSubject: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:18 pm

The Lone Ranger on tenerifes forum of fun found this..............

The European Commission is proposing to scrap mobile phone roaming charges across Europe as part of a raft of measures to reform the telecoms market.

Read more HERE

4thforum

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Long overdue!!clap clap clap 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:28 pm

About time & all. cheers 

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Think Three have started early with some countries covered under their 'Feel at Home' service. Spain not included yet but seemingly they are working on adding more countries. We're off to Rome for a few days next month so will try it then, should save me a few quid.
HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Interesting to see how much difference it makes, enjoy your jollys wave 

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Give us a ring HH, & see how much it costs mate. wink Have a great time there. cheers 

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Just a wee update on this regarding Three's 'Feel at Home' service. They've announced today that as of 1/Apr/15 Spain (& islands) will be included. Even if you don't use Three as your regular network it MIGHT be worth getting a PAYG sim to use only on yer holidays. More info
Three Feel at Home
I know there used to be a 60 day qualifying period (i.e. buy it 2 months before you travel) not sure if still the same.
They do an All in One 15 Add-on which has;
All-you-can-eat data
300 minutes
3000 texts.        
Cost: £15      
Last: 30 days...........     Looks perfect for holidays even if you don't move to Three permanently for your Home network. Have to order a Free sim, your phone would have to be unlocked for Three & possibly have to use the sim very occasionally at home to keep it active.

All the networks have been slow introducing this, maybe all the rest will quickly follow but fair play to Three for adding new countries.

HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 6:08 am

That's not bad I didn't know they done an all you can eat data package for £15, I remember trying them on the 321 package and the quality and speed of the data was brilliant on 3g, and I now understand you get 4G at no extra cost but I never got a signal at home but everywhere else was fantastic. Might be worth exploring this but I recon all the other companies will come in line soon, I was rather hoping three would be the ones to buy out O2, that would be a great package for GiffGaff.

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:19 pm

HappyH wrote:
Just a wee update on this regarding Three's 'Feel at Home' service. They've announced today that as of 1/Apr/15 Spain (& islands) will be included. Even if you don't use Three as your regular network it MIGHT be worth getting a PAYG sim to use only on yer holidays. More info
Three Feel at Home
HH.

Started today. Hopefully you've all bought PAYG sim for cheap calls/texts/data on yer holidays wave
HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm

I wonder how it compares with Vodafone (my provider)?

I pay £3 a day whilst abroad, which gives me my 'home' tariff, which pretty much means unlimited calls and texts, I'd assume data as well seeing as I don't ever use half of my allotted Megabytes.
I only have to pay the £3 if I actually use the phone.
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Update today
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/roaming-charges-eu-data-europe-free-2017-a7557741.html
Wonder what happens after Brexit Shocked
HH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped   Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobile phone roaming charges across Europe could be scrapped

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: LATEST TRAVEL NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD :: ENTER HERE-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com