Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

end of season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottie59

scottie59

end of season _
PostSubject: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Guys

I have come across a real bummer 2 friends of mine have booked online to go to Hi palmanova hotel on 30th sept for 14nights, purchased through travel republic, and booked flights with ryanair for same dates seperately, to then recieve an email from travel republic saying hotel not available leaving them with flights but no hotel i have checked various sites online alpharooms etc but no availability.

I called hotel direct and spoke with someone there to be told hotel is closed from 30th sept which all the more strange because we know of 3 other couples already booked to to go in october 1 couple traveling same dates as us another couple booked 9th oct for a week and another booked towards end of october.

is anyone out there in PN any kknowledge when this hotel is closed for season because i saw in a brochure hotel closed from 28th oct to april which is confusing me further.

I tried looked up for information regarding cancellation of flights but all i could find was there is no refunds for cancelling flights.

look forward for replies

scottie
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 pm

If it was me I would contact the hotel directly and ask them and if they are open and have availability get a quote.

Here is the contact details, send them an email..................

Contact details

C/ Miguel de los Santos Oliver, 13
07181 Palmanova, Calvia
Telf:  (0034) 971 68 14 50

Fax:  (0034) 971 68 17 96
res.palmanova@hihotels.net

Just to add I went on their website and done a date check for you http://www.hihotels.net/ficha_hotel.php?idioma=en&id_hot=13 and this is what I got..................

end of season Hi_pal10

scottie59

scottie59

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:46 pm

hi thanks for reply i did same went to hi hotel site as well and got same as you, i phoned and they said they close on 30th sept but like i said 3 other couples have already booked for october and have their confirmations, i kow one booked through broadway travel, and over weekend travel republic had it on their site a savailable hence why i booked it through them for my friends as did alpharooms they also had it on their site but not now. i find it strange they can get confirmation on a holiday when hotel says they are closed
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 pm

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm strange.

HappyH

HappyH

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Not being funny but do you have to stay in that hotel? Must be tons of hotels within walking distance of that one in Palma Nova?
HH.
Back to top Go down
scottie59

scottie59

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

I know what you are saying and where you are coming from happyH but it is an elderly couple and they have been going there for last 7 -8 years they like the hotel, and i just felt it strange that other 3 couples who have all met up before have booked and had confirmation, I have emailed hotel just to get clarification on it all before contacting the other couples
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 pm

IMO there's every chance that the hotel WILL be closing around those dates, so your other friends might well be about to get the 'bombshell' dropped on them. Just haven't got it yet. Some sites have it in their T & C's that they can substitute hotels for a 'comparable' one if needs arise, - worth looking out for.
Isn't the Palmanova Palace right next door? That's open all year round?

The other thing to try is dummy bookings (for the hi palmanova) just for the first 7 days, also try it from - say - 28 Sep - 5 Oct - just to see if you can establish what the cut off point is.

But the bottom line is, this is part and parcel of booking DIY, the options left are:
1) book a new (different) hotel

or

2) don't go. (and lose the cost of the no refunds flights)

I suppose there's a third option which isn't particularly appealing, that's to pass the flights on to someone else and change the names, but I think the cost by Ryanair to do this is over £100 pp so it's not cost effective. Cheaper to book new flights in the majority of cases.
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Ah, got you now mate, Cheers for clarifying. I'll bet travel republic hadn't updated their booking system & the hotel is actually closed then. Think the other folk will be getting emails/letters informing them too.
With a wee bit of research I'm sure they could get a cracking hotel for a decent price to suit their flights but I totally understand about them preferring to go where they know.
Good luck with it mate.
Back to top Go down
scottie59

scottie59

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 pm

many thanks for all the emails has been informative and will pass on all replies to people

scottie
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Best of luck with that Scottie, please let us know the outcome?

scottie59

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:53 pm

got clarification in email from hotel that its closed from 1st oct, i got couple i was looking after booked up with another hotel on the front for less than what they were origionally paying which was a bonus, informed other couples one booked through broadway travel and other with thomas cook, could not believe TC as person went up and they maintained still open and said it would until they recieved clarifcation from upstairs no wonder i never book though them no more personally. travel republic were excellent they refunded money paid next day after speaking with them.

many thanks for all the imput from previous posts

scottie
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Glad you eventually got a reply from them with the truth.

HappyH

HappyH

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:08 pm

I preferably book with Travel Republic, only if I get a substantially better deal do I book elsewhere, they've always been brilliant for me, even price-matched 1 time I got a great price from another site.
Glad yer sorted now mate,
HH.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:29 pm

That is great news Scottie, thanks for letting us know the outcome. clap clap 

Majorca Mad
Mark

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:22 am

Nice one Scottie, alls well that ends well Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

end of season _
PostSubject: Re: end of season   end of season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

end of season

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com