Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. _
PostSubject: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm

We decided for another shot at the Old Town. So instead of walking we decided to get the train to the escalator, as it was just about to leave from a stop opposite our Apartments, which was rather handy. clap It was quite expensive for 1 stop at 2.50 euro each, fainting, & it was 4 euro for the whole trip. There are 4 stops on the whole route, but what the hell we are on holiday. Especially as the taxi back from the Old Town to the Apartments, was only 4.60 euro for the 4 of us. Thumsup
Me, Brenda & Brian sitting on the train.
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2924
We went down the escalator again to the Square & found a bar that was playing live music. Luckily they had an overhead heater on, so that was a bonus, as the wind was blowing a hoolie again. affraid It was a rock cover band called BacalHendrix Power Trio, that rock & rolls off the tongue doesn't it. surprised But despite their name, they were very good. cheers
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2925
It was getting colder by the minute so we got up & went across the Square to a bar called the Bank, as they had a live group on, called The Flat Band, & it was inside in the warm. clever
The 3 of us crossing the Square to the Bank Bar, San was on photo duty again. roll eyes
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2926
Brenda enjoying the band & the warmth in the Bar. The prices were quite reasonable as it was a live music venue, we paid just over 21 euro for a round of drinks, which was a Vodka & Coke, 2 pints & a Tia Maria & lemonade. drunk
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2927
They were a 4 piece covers band, who were very good, & got the place bouncing. dancing
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2928
Especially these 3 holidaymaker's, they look like they were having a great time. meetup
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2929
We got a taxi back to another Bar near the Apartment called Angelus Bar, where we had a nightcap. The Taxi driver was a bit of a character & thought that he was Michael Schumacher, but he was always in control. maddriver San had a Calypso Coffee, me & Bren had a Voddie & coke, & Brian had a La Mumba, (hot chocolate & brandy, if you didn't know), that you can see in the background.
The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Cimg2930
All in all, I think that we enjoyed the Old Town more than the Strip, in answer to Yozef's question. But the wind did put us off a bit where ever we went.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Great Mick have a rep enjoying this

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:15 pm

yes bits are coming back to me Shocked
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Well done Mick for all of this . . you're a trouper!
Yet another rep to add to your collection
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 pm

did not hear of the wind being a problem mick,we went in dec and feb,mostly wet/overcast in feb but lovely 21 degrees in dec.

you might just have been unlucky mick

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 pm

yozef wrote:
did not hear of the wind being a problem mick,we went in dec and feb,mostly wet/overcast in feb but lovely 21 degrees in dec.

you might just have been unlucky mick

TBH mate, we were blessed in the day, sunbathe sunny hot deckchair but it was blowing constantly at night, & not out of my bottom, farting before you start Mark. nono

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Moi? Devil lolol

repped mate Thumsup
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:48 pm

delboy wrote:

I'm fecked if I can remen=ber anythin but mind you I'm noe on my 8th bottle of Heinekin. This =is the first drink I've had w=since Easter so furgive any mistakees.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 am

4thforum wrote:
delboy wrote:

I'm fecked if I can remen=ber anythin but mind you I'm noe on my 8th bottle of Heinekin. This =is the first drink I've had w=since Easter so furgive any mistakees.

You haven't been with Daryn then Dermo, as he drinks Foster's not Heineken. beer drinker

lol! lol! lol! lol!

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 am

Tihis is great craic. I dont gibe a shit how my spellin comes out and tyet its pefrect
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:12 am

itS not a bank holiday 4th - is it?
Why did no one tell me!
Very boring stuff around here today . . .a** covering stuff Rolling Eyes
Sounds like more fun at yours!
Hope it was well enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Or here. sad

PostSubject: Re: The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.   The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Old Town at night, Albufeira, Algarve, Part 2.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: PORTUGAL, includes Madeira, Cape Verde :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com