Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel _
PostSubject: Sol Magaluf Park Hotel   Sol Magaluf Park Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:25 pm

We stayed at the Sol Magalluf Park the first week of October 2010.
I would imagine that this hotel carried the full range of opinions from good to bad, - I’ll explain why as we go through the points.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0266

The hotel is centrally located in Magalluf, virtually overlooking BCM Square, but close enough to the beach that the higher floors offer sea views.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0214

The pool area is adequate for the time of year that we visited, but probably on the small side for peak season.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0208

Quite a nice bonus for this time of year though, is the provision of an indoor pool, that is located on the main external deck. Due to the sun’s rays through the glass, the water was warmer in this pool.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0213

The hotel has 10 floors, and the view from the balcony on the pool side is this:

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0216

There’s a small garden and walkway leading to a tennis court at the side, there’s also a pool with goldfish in. A shadier area to sit and relax in.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0236

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0237

The hotel offers half board, and I found that the food offered was of a reasonable quality, in keeping with most Spanish Sol hotels I have stayed in. There are only so many ways that a 3* hotel can present a cooked breakfast, but for the evening meal there was a good selection, including a roast joint every night, with proper vegetables and potatoes, not just chips!

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0239

The puddings offered were also good, a particular favourite is hot bread and butter pudding with custard.

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0241

The size of the restaurant was ok for off peak, but could lead to queues in peak season.
Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0240

The bad points of the hotel are that it is clearly in need of a revamp. Some areas clearly haven’t been painted for a few years…

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel 100_0215

But on the whole the hotel was clean with efficient staff, and in my opinion represented a good value for money option for holidaymakers.
I dare say that a holidaymaker staying here in the peak season would offer a different opinion, as the hotels facilities are probably too small to cope at maximum capacity, and the location near to the main strip might well offer different noise levels throughout the night.
I would go again in off peak.

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Magaluf Park Hotel   Sol Magaluf Park Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:29 am

:-bd:

Sol Magaluf Park Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com