Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Alpharooms Shuttle bus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi everyone, my son is travelling to PN in June and has booked with alpharooms and he has been looking at their transfers but is unsure which would be the best option :

Alpharooms.Com Super Saver Shuttle: £6.06 each
Shuttlebus: £8.36 each

I have looked on their help pages and as I read it the cheaper option would be for their use only so this would be the better scratch . Has anyone used these before and are they ok?
Thanks

Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Ive never used these before but £6.06 seems very cheap for personal transfers, I would have thought it would be a shared bus for that price, how many are going in the party

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I haven't used them either Julie but quite often Alpharooms puts people on the Resorthoppa bus so it's horses for courses really.

But if there's four of them going, at £6 odd each, a Galitrans transfer (private) will cost about the same, straight there then, no messing about.

Yozef waited an hour on the bus at the airport last year for another flight to come in.
Back to top Go down
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Daryn, that's what I thought too but on their help pages it says the following for the cheaper price:

Taxi/ Minibus/Coach: A private vehicle suited to the size of your party will collect you from the airport. This will be for the sole use of your party, and will not be shared with any other travellers. The size of the vehicle(s) may differ to that booked on occasion due to circumstances outside of our/ the operator’s control.

And for the dearer price it says:

Shuttle Bus: Our most cost effective and most popular mode of transport for smaller groups. This is a shared bus that departs frequently from the airport to your chosen resort. Please be aware that this service will only drop and pick you up at recognised holiday accommodation.

theres only 2 of them going
Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks to you also Mark Thumsup

Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhh well private at that price tell them to keep us posted as I would be interested in that ,NEW REVIEW PLEASE clap

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Sounds like a descriptive cock up to me Julie, they might have a minimum number for the £6 price.

How on earth are they going to do a private transfer for £12? lol!

If they want to do 'cheap', they can get a bus to Palma (station) for €1 each and then the bus to PN/Maga for €3 each.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

For the sake of €2 Mark I would rather use one of the resort hopper style companies, yes you will wait for the bus to fill up but by the time you jump on a bus to palma then wait for the next bus to PN then walk to the hotel with your luggage ohhhhhhhhh I couldn't be bothered lol

liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Haha, so you read this the same as me- the cheaper option seems to be the best option but also as you say Mark there must be a catch in it somewhere to be that cheap. He is going with his girlfriend and so don't thin they will be taking the bus route but that's really good for a cheap option.
Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Have you got a price from Galitrans Julie?
It's about £60 return.
But that's a suited driver in a Mercedes lol
Sometimes it's worth it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes, they priced them and also Janerbus as this is who we used last year.
Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

If they need cheap just tell them to try it, if its private then brill if they have to wait then its still cheaper than a taxi or private transfers. But keep us posted either way.

But think about it, the price of fuel is pretty expensive over there now although still cheaper than the UK, which company is going to drive someone 15 miles as cheap as that, its not worth there while and certainly got no profit in it.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Julie, the prices in your OP, I take it that's for one way?

Can't be return lol

So, taking the £8 odd price, well 4 trips/prices inc the return it's about £34 total. So it's not much more to go with Janerbus or Galitrans. Also there's a discount code on MF banter section for Galitrans which knocks another euro or two off.
Back to top Go down
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi again, yes this was the price for one way only- I emailed alpha rooms earlier and this is their reply:

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

Super saver Shuttle and Shuttlebus are exactly the same but the main difference is the provider which we work with in that case.
This is a coach so you would need to wait for the other passengers, this is not a private transfers.

Please if you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact us we will be happy to help you.

Best regards

Iria
alpharooms.com

So looks like their information on the website is incorrect as it says that the supersaver shuttle would be for the sole use of your party. I have emailed Galitrans for a price with the discount code so will see what this comes back at.

Thanks again Very Happy

Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:00 pm

yes sole use would logically cost more Julie
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I was gonna say has a special offer got past us lol!

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 pm

no shuttle bus is going to get passed us Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Deploy the stinger captain lolol
Back to top Go down
liverpooljulie

liverpooljulie

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 am

Hi, got a reply back from Chantel at Galitrans and was quoted 76 euros return for the 2 of them but think they are going for the one of the cheaper options- coach transfer so will have a look at some others.
Thanks again for the info everyone, as ever lots of helpful advice on here Thumsup

Regards
Julie sunny
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 am

liverpooljulie wrote:
Hi, got a reply back from Chantel at Galitrans and was quoted 76 euros return for the 2 of them but think they are going for the one of the cheaper options- coach transfer so will have a look at some others.
Thanks again for the info everyone, as ever lots of helpful advice on here Thumsup

Regards
Julie sunny

Better than TA Devil lolol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am

With Mark on that one. Thumsup Glad you got sorted though Julie. clap clap

Majorca Mad
Mark

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Mick wrote:
With Mark on that one. Thumsup

It's over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t7013-using-the-rep-button

lolol lolol lolol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Mark wrote:
Mick wrote:

It's over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lolol lolol lolol

Might do if you read my Cardiff review mate, I spent bloody hours on it, tit for tat boyo. blowkiss

lol! lol! lol! lol!

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Mark wrote:
Mick wrote:

lolol lolol lolol

Also the Cardiff City review/blog as well Mark. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Alpharooms Shuttle bus _
PostSubject: Re: Alpharooms Shuttle bus   Alpharooms Shuttle bus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpharooms Shuttle bus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com